PDA

View Full Version : England World Cup Squad

yerotsluap
1st June 2010, 13:34
Fabio Capello said on Sunday he knew who his 23 were going to be. If that was the case why did he wait until today to tell the 7 who weren't going and why has he and the FA allowed this to be leaked out through Sky Sports News and various tabloid journalists. As for the Gareth Barry injury he can still be replaced in the squad prior to the tournament starting so was always going to be in this squad

scoobydoo
1st June 2010, 14:27
This is from Sky & BBC sources so not 100%; Theo Walcott is out, Darren Bent and Adam Johnson out. Joe Cole and Michael Carrick are in. Ledley King in, Huddlestone out, Warnock in, Baines out...Wright-Phillips in

mathare
1st June 2010, 14:38
My bet on Walcott to be too England scorer at the World Cup not looking too good then :(

yerotsluap
1st June 2010, 14:50
It just seems to have been a farce from start to finish today. Was any other countries announcement of their squad as badly handled as England's

scoobydoo
1st June 2010, 15:20
My bet on Walcott to be too England scorer at the World Cup not looking too good then :(

No...apparently he was playing golf this morning when he got the call from the manager. I think he should've gone intead of Wright-Phillips...seems Capello has forgotten the Croatia away game.

mathare
1st June 2010, 15:22
No...apparently he was playing golf this morning when he got the call from the manager. I think he should've gone intead of Wright-Phillips...seems Capello has forgotten the Croatia away game.I was on at good odds, 50/1, too.