PDA

View Full Version : Multiple accounts

mathare
30th June 2010, 14:57
It is possible (and indeed permissible) for one to hold multiple Betfair accounts isn't it?

If this recommended practice for serious traders? One for normal backs/lays and one for trading, for example?

That way your normal bets aren't affected if you decide to green up a market through your trading tools, right?

TheOldhamWhisper
30th June 2010, 16:12
I think it is theoretically possible but you would have to use seperate cards and email addresses - not sure about multiple accounts from people with the same name and address.

It's a while since I checked terms and conditions, but I'm pretty sure there used to be a rule prohibiting multiple accounts because of money-laundering regulations and such.

mathare
30th June 2010, 16:30
I checked with Betfair, not expecting a response as rapidly as I received one actually. Multiple accounts are permissible but you can't duplicate payment methods. But since they accept PayPal, bank transfers and various other methods you don't actually need multiple bank cards, which is handy. Seemingly no issues with duplicate personal details such as email address though

neilb7
30th June 2010, 16:34
ive got three accounts with Betfair, they all have the same e-mail adress and personal details etc but all have different cards registered....
i get any offers sent through to all three of them aswell :thumbs

Win2Win
30th June 2010, 17:11
I have 7 accounts, all the same details, some have no card details as you can use Paypal, and others means these days.

barrelmaniac
30th June 2010, 17:46
7 :yikes:

Win2Win
30th June 2010, 18:14
2 Are for testing with bots and new systems.

mathare
5th July 2010, 12:35
Is it just me or is it hard work trying to open a new/second Betfair account these days?

You need to send them proof of age before you can get anywhere. Other bookies don't do that now do they?

Win2Win
5th July 2010, 13:44
I haven't registered one in ages, but if you contact them with your other account that they've verified they'll OK the new one.