PDA

View Full Version : Snow Fairy

Win2Win
18th July 2010, 15:51
Irish Oask..... JEEEEEZZZ ... what a filly..... that was one of the best girlie Group 1 winners I've ever seen. :icon_sorry:

Godspot
18th July 2010, 18:14
That's the third time in a decade Ed Dunlop has won that race, Lailani 2001, Ouija Board 2004 (& talking of which, first foal out this year - watch out for the Voodoo Prince) & now, Snow Fairy....

I wonder if she'll stay in training & become a bit of a globetrotter? At this stage she falls just slightly behind Ouija Board who went on to be 3rd in the Arc the same year. It's a shame the French, Rosanara, didn't turn up but we do seem to have an established champion filly.

Win2Win
18th July 2010, 18:32
We've been waiting for a good female champion ... not had any that stood out since the likes of Ouija Board. Now she has to beat the guys!!! :ooo

Did Godolphin just do the German double this weekend... I was only watching out the corner of my eye

Godspot
18th July 2010, 19:47
They did - Buzzword 18/1 !! I think that's a Brit first for 25 years...

Godspot
18th July 2010, 20:07
We've been waiting for a good female champion ... not had any that stood out since the likes of Ouija Board. Now she has to beat the guys!!! :ooo

To be honest I'm a little surprised - looking at her 2yo career (she was behind that Long Lashes - talking of which, Jessica Harrington unleashed something decent by way of a colt called Pathfork today - who I was all the rage for at one point) she was beaten more often than not and would not have featured high on my lists as an appealing dual Oaks winner...

She equalled on the clock today what she did at Epsom and considering he has only raced three times and likely to improve, she has at least a stone to find to get near Workforce let alone beat him.

Godspot
14th November 2010, 15:40
Did you hear that? She just won 4 times as much in one race in Japan as the two classics combined!!

Win2Win
15th November 2010, 10:03
Yep.... although as the transport fee is around £40,000 each horse it's still a big gamble to go to these places. These countries have a tote monopoly though.