PDA

View Full Version : BP poised to announce record loss

Win2Win Racing
27th July 2010, 07:14
BP is set to announce a record loss, having put aside an estimated £16bn-£19bn ($25bn-$30bn) to cover costs of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10771120)

Win2Win
27th July 2010, 09:24
It's not that bad.... just bang an extra £1 a litre we Brits won't moan about that :anerikke:

vegyjones
27th July 2010, 20:55
Shares haven't been doing too bad despite the press and negativiy surrounding them!

scoobydoo
27th July 2010, 21:09
They have an American boss now so everything should be OK in the long run! :rolleyes:

Win2Win
27th July 2010, 21:17
He might even manage to get through to the stupid Yanks that it was an American company that blew up the rig in the first place ::hump

vegyjones
27th July 2010, 21:30
Even the most patriotic of us have to admit that Hayward failed to handle the situation at all well.

I watched his grilling by the American senate (or whatever they were) though and they do come across as a bunch of knobs and I was urging Hayward just to rip into them in a similar vein to how George Galloway conducted himself when over there.

I despise himas well, but it's always nice to see someone from this side of the pond give those misguided Americans a good pasting.

Win2Win
27th July 2010, 21:33
Hayward wasn't very slick was he :wink:

It'l oil be OK in the end :thumbs

vegyjones
27th July 2010, 21:44
Hayward wasn't very slick was he :wink:

It'l oil be OK in the end :thumbs

:ARsurrend

scoobydoo
27th July 2010, 22:00
Cameron will be going before the senate committee before the end of the year, you see. Can you imagine the British government calling for US govt. officials to come before our hearings....I don't think so eh! I am so glad they Scottish and UK govts. have turned them down....so far! :smile:

scoobydoo
27th July 2010, 23:39
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10783710

US Senate hearings on the release of the Lockerbie bomber have been postponed because key witnesses have declined invitations to take part.

Senator Robert Menendez accused witnesses, including outgoing BP boss Tony Hayward, of "stonewalling".

vegyjones
28th July 2010, 00:55
If it asn't for the fact that BP are on the back of a PR disaster, surely they would be considering legal action over some of the claims being thrown about.

Win2Win
28th July 2010, 09:37
We could do with Exxon blowing up a rig or something.... that'll shut the Yanks up, they seem to be of the opinion it never happens to them!!! :thumbsdown:

scoobydoo
28th July 2010, 10:21
American government are hypocrites. One word...Bhopal...enough said. If only the Indian people had gotten £20 billion dollars so quickly in 1984. :rolleyes: They are bullies and people must stand up to them.

Win2Win
28th July 2010, 10:48
One word...Bhopal...enough said.
...and they are still suffering to this day... I think they settled up on this only the other month :voodoo: