PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound Racing is it a good medium for Statistic betting and systems?

irishone
10th October 2010, 12:42
Hi W2W

First post after lurking for a while and there seem to be a few decent people on here.

I love greyhound racing and prefer to place my bets and trades using historical data to predict results. I am not a huge bettor but my turnover is fairly large as i bet in most races in the daytime.

I have been members of the known greyhound stats and ratings websites such as Trapform and Greyhound Predictor in the past and have kept my head above the water using these comparing them to my own figures.

Apart from Grade, Time, Split Times are there any other data figures that people use when producing there own ratings and systems on the dogs?

I would like to produce my own website eventually but putting a database into a website is a bit above my capabilities at the moment but some of the websites mentioned have been going for 6 or 7 years so they must be doing ok although the hare on the move closed down a year or so ago but i never tried that site.

Be gentle with me as my data collecting is very basic and pc knowledge isnt that great as i am a late starter but love greyhound racing, Systems and Stats.

Win2Win
11th October 2010, 08:49
A lot of sites have been struggling the last 2-3 years, they are not a goldmine as you may think. If you look at the RP ads you'll see the same sites advertised daily as turnover of customers is so high.

I used to keep greyhound data on in the 80's on an Amstrad PC with a whopping 128 MB memory :happyboun ... I used to make money from that but my interest had always been in horses.

Greyhound races is easier, 6 runners, and if you stick to Open races it get even easier to pick the winners.

bigcumba
12th October 2010, 10:01
I used to keep greyhound data on in the 80's on an Amstrad PC with a whopping 128 MB memory

That was probably 128Kb memory back then, you'd have needed to mortgage most of London to afford 128Mb in the 80's!

Win2Win
13th October 2010, 09:48
I paid £1 a MB with my first HD :omg: