PDA

View Full Version : Nurses predict gloomy NHS future

Win2Win Racing
12th November 2010, 04:30
The NHS faces a period of job cuts, clogged hospital wards and rising waiting times, nurse leaders warn.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/health-11728169)

Win2Win
12th November 2010, 10:18
Well I'd rather have that than living in another country, not be able to afford the insurance, and getting no treatment.

Godspot
12th November 2010, 10:35
Well I'd rather have that than living in another country, not be able to afford the insurance, and getting no treatment.

You not see that C4 doc last night then? 'Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story' - the insurance plan seems to work alright in France, Germany & Italy, as I recall....:frown: They spent a good half hour talking about the NHS - I doubt it'll be long before the nurses are throwing fire extinguishers off the roof of Millbank:omg:

barrelmaniac
12th November 2010, 10:37
Personally I think the NHS is great. Even if standards do fall slightly we will still be in a better position than the vast majority of the world. It really annoys me sometimes when people slag off the NHS- its not perfect and never will be but for everyone to have access to the NHS has got to be the fairest and most compassionate thing bout this country. I have travelled to many countries around the world and in many places people die from sometimes trivial things because either they havnt got access to treatment of can't afford it. I don't want to sound big headed but I am certain that I have saved at least a few lives handing out some of my travelling medical kit to people in need (in particular anti-biotics that I carry just in case of an emergency) Sometimes we really don't know how lucky we are to have the health treatment that we have in this country.

Win2Win
12th November 2010, 15:26
One thing people often forget is that the medication we all get from the Dr is part of the NHS. My monthly medication in the US would cost me around £300, here... £0