PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading or changing computer/laptop

RAYKIE1049
3rd February 2011, 15:27
Hi, i'm looking into getting a new laptop & not being an expert on the subject, was wondering if i could save the software onto a usb & transfer to new laptop without having to start again or lose 18 months worth of results...any help would be appretiated...THANKS

mathare
3rd February 2011, 16:08
What software? :doh

scoobydoo
3rd February 2011, 16:22
What software? :dohYou're back Mat? How are you doing? :smile:

Hi, i'm looking into getting a new laptop & not being an expert on the subject, was wondering if i could save the software onto a usb & transfer to new laptop without having to start again or lose 18 months worth of results...any help would be appretiated...THANKS

Any software pre-installed you mean or software you have installed on your older laptop? Pre-installed software problaby not, unless you you were given a disc with it on. Software you have put on shouldnt be a problem, you just need to save the .exe files on a memory stick or external hard drive. Remember to back up your Documents/emails/contacts etc... then easy to transfer to your new computer.

mathare
3rd February 2011, 17:06
You're back Mat? How are you doing? :smile:Don't ask! There's a whole separate thread in how I'm doing. I'll fill you in sometime over the next day or two

RAYKIE1049
3rd February 2011, 18:28
it's the odds-on system & banker system software i downloaded, my concern was losing all the results/info currently in the software when moving to new computer...

Win2Win
4th February 2011, 10:34
You can just transfer it to a pen drive then put it on the new system, or run it from the pen drive.... either way .... KEEP BACKUPS :thumbs

Ebuyer have some good laptop deals on at the moment, Dual Cores for under £300

RAYKIE1049
4th February 2011, 17:17
i've saved the software to usb pen drive, then opened up from pen drive onto another laptop, the software opens & asks for starting bank & all previous results on the software are gone

Win2Win
5th February 2011, 10:53
You haven't transferred the data file. Make sure you copy everything in the directory. Should be 40+ files in each directory.

RAYKIE1049
6th February 2011, 10:05
i have tried that & it seems to be fine so many thanks for your help...

Win2Win
6th February 2011, 11:18
:thumbs