PDA

View Full Version : Grand National Sweepstake Game - Saturday 9th April - Anyone Interested?

TheGoodGuy
10th March 2011, 15:50
On Wednesday 6th April, if there is sufficient interest.....(A MINIMUM OF 12 PLAYERS IS REQUIRED) I am prepared to run a 'Grand National Sweepstake Game' thread into which will be posted a passworded Excel spreadsheet.

This sheet will contain:
a) a column showing the number of runners competing at the time of posting, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc through to 40+.
b) a password column
c) a 'blank' column containing the horses' names (some of which may be reserves and horses that may be withdrawn before the race starts.)
NB Players who pick a horse that is subsequently withdrawn, will be able to pick a replacement as long as numbers remain available for selection.

All you have to do is to pick and post ONE number between 1 & 40+, on a first come first served basis, in the game thread, and I will then PM (or Email) you 2 PASSWORDS, one to open the spreadsheet and another for the number you have chosen.
Open the spreadsheet, copy and paste your 'number' password into the corresponding cell in the spreadsheet and the name of your horse will be revealed.......simples !!

PLEASE NOTE that the number(s) you pick will bear no resemblance or comparison to the racecard number and associated horse published in the national press or Racing Post et al. The horses are RANDOMLY assigned to the numbers on the spreadsheet.

If by midnight Wednesday 6th April not all the horses have been chosen (highly likely), I will post up the remaining numbers still available, so players will be able to post another number during Thursday 7th April, again on a first come first served basis.
I will PM (or Email) you the PASSWORD for your second selection.

This process will be repeated AGAIN on Friday 8th if necessary, in order to distribute as many numbers as possible.

As long as numbers remain available for selection, players are allowed to choose a MAXIMUM of 3 numbers, one on Wednesday 6th, one Thursday 7th & one Friday 8th April.

NEW players are welcome to join the game on Thursday and also Friday.

As this 'game' depends solely on luck and is meant as a bit of fun, an Amazon Voucher will be given to the person who selects the winning horse........AND an Amazon Voucher to the person who selects the LAST horse to finish.
(The above prizes will hopefully be kindly donated by Keith)

Anyone fancy a go....post here if you do and/or express your interest in the attached poll.

:thumbs

mathare
10th March 2011, 15:57
I'm in!

bigcumba
10th March 2011, 16:20
I'm in too!

johnwilly
10th March 2011, 16:25
I'm in

TheGoodGuy
13th March 2011, 01:42
Grand National Sweepstake Game - Saturday 9th April - Anyone Interested?

Looking like a resounding NO is the most likely answer to this :doh

bigcumba
14th March 2011, 09:49
It's rather pathetic isn't it Ada.. offer a free prize, yep that's FREE PRIZE, costs nothing but a few minutes to enter, and you get little response.. sad..

lowe1
14th March 2011, 10:18
Sorry Ada i been away in York but i would have entered as well

tovarich
14th March 2011, 11:01
Put me down for a yes, Ada.

scoobydoo
14th March 2011, 12:17
I would be in too but doesnt look like there is interest. :doh

TheGoodGuy
23rd March 2011, 13:34
Just bringing this to the top in the hope of generating a bit more interest. :anerikke:

Still at least 7 players needed!!!.

:thumbs

TheGoodGuy
3rd April 2011, 00:43
:doh

Just bringing this to the top AGAIN for one last time in the vain hope of generating some interest in the WORLD'S most famous horse race....

Costs nothing to enter.......prizes to be won....what more can I say?

Still at least 7 players needed!!!.

TheGoodGuy
7th April 2011, 00:41
OK, no takers......no game.

This thread has obviously not attracted any interest in a sweepstake orientated game for this year's Grand National........but all is not lost.....why not follow the link below and take part in Piggy's competition instead...

Piggy's Grand National Competition (http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73192-grand-national-competition)