PDA

View Full Version : Oakleaves 3:50 Ffos Las

lowe1
10th July 2011, 17:36
The wife's horse runs again tomorrow

Expecting our first win tomorrow with Oakleaves Tipped her last week
http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?73942-Chepstow-20-40

Running same distance as last few times where she finished 2nd at Bath and last week 2nd beaten by a head at 15/2. She would have won that race but for a well handicapped horse.

Looks like the odds are going to be short, betfair currently 2.58 but a win is a win

lowe1
11th July 2011, 16:13
Oh well 4th in the end ran well just faded last few furlongs , reckon the ground was a bit to fast for her today but i'm sure we will bounce back and at better odds

Godspot
11th July 2011, 18:41
At least she won't be getting upped by the h'capper for 4th as she has been the last two runs -

The RP's Notes in running says she carried her head to one side from 2 out before folding - I note she hasn't been tried in any headgear as yet, I'd try & find the best one that corrects that.

Could also try a 5lbClaimer to offset the recent rise in the weights.

Good fun though innit?:thumbs

lowe1
11th July 2011, 18:59
She carried her head in a race where she finished 6th but the next couple races where she was placed didn't have that problem so we thought it might have been a one of. Though today was 1m4f the other week when she finished 2nd Daryll Holland suggested that if we ran her at 1m6f she would win but just couldn't find the right race for her at that distance

Will see what the trainer says about the run in the week

Godspot
12th July 2011, 00:55
Pretty mediocre on the figures - she's earned two from me lately 57 @ Bath 13gf & 54 today @ Ffos Las -

I been looking at her sire's stats & his progeny improve to 14% on heavy ground, having been 2nd over 12f @ Chepstow on better, wait for some rain there, it doesn't drain so fast as some of the top tracks & he used to be 12% @ Southwell-aw, I'd go there rather rather than Wolverhampton where you never know what's going on regard the state of the ground.

Yup, that's it! I just noticed she only rated 45 on the AW - that gives her 10lb on my figures - shove some headgear on (maybe a claimer too! & try front-running 11/12f at Southwell (0-60) or less & then step her up in trip though her sire stats drop the further they go. (Daryl Holland is good with front -runners too I think).