PDA

View Full Version : UK economy slows to 0.2% growth

Win2Win Racing
26th July 2011, 10:11
The growth of the UK economy slowed in the second quarter, with GDP growing by 0.2%, following 0.5% growth in the previous three months.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/business-14288348)

scoobydoo
26th July 2011, 10:38
"This was caused by the Royal Wedding, decent April weather, an earthquake, a tsunami, The EU, USA,...in fact anybody but us! " Conservative Central Office. :anerikke:

barrelmaniac
26th July 2011, 18:11
Before the recession GDP was increasing year on year imo because everyone was spending money they were borrowing, and also the property bubble meant that many people had inheritance from selling relative homes after they popped their clogs, it was obvious to me that it couldnt be sustained, and because our while economy was built on fake wealth take away the bubble and whats left? Not a lot,

Win2Win
26th July 2011, 21:13
I thought they sold more cos of the wedding :doh .... tacky junk, BBQ food and beer.

barrelmaniac
26th July 2011, 22:10
Too hot, too cold, earthquake in Japan, they are making it up as they go along, there is always stuff going on in the world. Damn politicians. I still think we are broke in the UK and its going to be difficult to manufacture our way out as almost all of Europe will have to cut back on spending at the same time, and now our EU dictators In brussels have decided to kick the can down the road for a bit longer this is going to drag on before the inevitable pop at the end. But anyway have a nice evening folks!