PDA

View Full Version : "It's a Cracker" Farewell to "The Way He Told 'Em"

TheGoodGuy
23rd February 2012, 01:02
Frank Carson - RIP

Another one gone to join:-
Eric Morecambe, Bernard Manning, Tommy Cooper, Spike Milligan, Norman Wisdom et al, along with fellow "Comedians" stars Charlie Williams & Mike Reid - part of a dying brand of British comedy that will NEVER be replicated.

Win2Win
23rd February 2012, 10:19
I was just thinking that, not many of the 'old' breed of comedians left any more :mad:

I always found Frank irritatingly funny :doh

MarcusMel
23rd February 2012, 12:22
'Irritatingly funny' is a good way of putting it - I was thinking 'the jokes were pathetic the laughter infectious'

'The Goons' now a dose of one of their shows now and then is funny and lets not forget 'I'm sorry I'll read that again' the antidote to quiz shows.

barneymather
25th February 2012, 00:26
Frank was old enough to be my grandad, but give me his type of comic any day over the ever-so PC, wannabe smart@rses conning punters nowadays with their achingly unfunny 'observational humour' tripe. Monty Python were nice blokes but Jeez do they have a lot to answer for by inspiring - if that's the right word - a lot of pretentious bozos into thinking a career in comedy was for them. :rolleyes:

tomjjlcu
22nd March 2012, 08:58
'Irritatingly funny' is a good way of putting it - I was thinking 'the jokes were pathetic the laughter infectious'

'The Goons' now a dose of one of their shows now and then is funny and lets not forget 'I'm sorry I'll read that again' the antidote to quiz shows.

I had been just convinced that, not most of the 'old' variety of comics left anymore