PDA

View Full Version : England 1-0 Ukraine

Win2Win Racing
20th June 2012, 00:24
Wayne Rooney is the hero as England claim a hard-fought 1-0 win over Ukraine to top Group D and set up a quarter-final with Italy.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18181971)

Win2Win
20th June 2012, 09:06
Well that game proves beyond any doubt that the 2 'extra' refs are 100% useless :doh1: ..... what was the guy on the line doing when the Ukraine scored? Checking his Facebook status? :crazy:

Moments of great England football but we spent the first 20 mins slowing the game up :ermmm ..... we should be speeding it up to get the other team ball chasing. And how many crosses went over everyones head? That's why we have Carroll in the team!!

MattR
21st June 2012, 17:27
We'd have to keep the ball to have the other teams chasing it and that's something we can't do for any length of time. I don't know what is wrong with the coaching of kids but surely they should first concentrate on being able to control and pass a ball comfortably? These are the basic elements of the game and with that mastered they can then do everything else so much better.

I think Young and Milner have been awful so far (and I am a fan of Milner but I've never seen him play so badly). I'm hoping he'll replace one of them with Walcott and bring Carroll in for Welbeck for the Italy game.

Win2Win
21st June 2012, 18:59
Why is it in these tournaments, England always seem to stagger through blind while other teams use watchable football and skill? :voodoo: