PDA

View Full Version : Owen blames foreigners for diving

Win2Win Racing
10th October 2012, 21:32
Stoke City striker Michael Owen says the influx of foreign players is responsible for the growth of diving in England.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19905197)

Win2Win
11th October 2012, 08:48
...and then he admits doing it in the last century :doh.

Just because other people CHEAT doesn't mean you have to follow you know Owne .... that's called STUPIDITY :spank:

MattR
11th October 2012, 14:19
Never underestimate the intelligence of a footballer :biggrin:

Win2Win
11th October 2012, 14:59
Never underestimate the intelligence of a footballer :biggrin:

They have intelligence :heehee

scoobydoo
11th October 2012, 15:51
Didnt Hoddle tell the England players to dive for penalities if touched when he was boss, I'm sure I remember him saying you have to do what they do. I dont have a problem if there is some contact however small, but some just fall down and fling their head back now, Suarez will never get his reputation back here now.

vegyjones
11th October 2012, 16:53
Maybe we should just have no holds barred play and get rid of the referee.

That'll stop the diving.

MattR
11th October 2012, 17:58
I don't remember there being too many problems in the school playground with no refs :biggrin: There would always be about 6 goal hangers though, and one keeper that didn't want to be in goal and some friends of his that didn't even like football standing around chatting to him. Oh and then there'd be the kid who would never pass and go off on mazy runs and score once in a million the rest of the time eventually losing the ball. There were never even any problems with hitting the post (jumpers) or being 'over' over the top of the goalies hands was considered over , even if the keeper was 4ft 1. There would also regualarly be 10-9 scorelines in a 15 minute break time. Maybe sky should scrap the Premier and just show playground football?

tovarich
11th October 2012, 20:37
Oh, Happy Days! :biggrin:

And no one should be paid to play football until they have proved they can control a tennis ball on cobblestones and go on to score a goal!!!:laugh

Win2Win
11th October 2012, 22:32
I hated footy when I was a kid!!! :yikes: :anerikke:

MattR
12th October 2012, 15:02
Heathen! :laugh

Yes, Tov, we used to use a tennis ball before the weather got better and we were allowed on the school fields at breaktime. Although we didn't have cobblestones cos we weren't up North :peeky :biggrin:

I remember there was this kid who was incredible in goal and we could rarely score past him with a tennis ball. What was odd was he never played for the school team :doh

Win2Win
12th October 2012, 15:27
I setup my own cycling club at school, so got out of playing footy. I hated it because I used to get kicked more than the ball :laugh ... and rugby!! :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg: