PDA

View Full Version : Betfair Fixed Odds - Free £25 Bet

Win2Win
26th October 2012, 18:41
I've just got an email for a free £25 Treble bet with Betfair.... :anerikke: ... for the new Fixed Odds they are doing :ooo

I wasn't even aware they were planning that. That'll annoy the bookies some more :omg:

Looks like it has to be on 3 races at Aintree, that should be easy :rolleyes:

Win2Win
27th October 2012, 13:23
RIP-OFF :ermmm

I placed the bet and an error flagged up £20 MAX STAKE :doh ... so entered £20 along with ticking the discount box, stake showed as £0, clicked it to accept the bet and they took £20 out of my account!!!! :spank:

I've emailed them, so let's see what happens.

Win2Win
31st October 2012, 11:11
Well it's taken 3 days :doh, but they've apologised for the problem and refunded. I know Betfair usually answer a lot quicker and having played around with the Fixed Odds interface since I imagine a lot of people had the same problem.

If odds change it doesn't really flag up the horse clearly, and only puts a message at the top of the betting slip, so it is not clear odds have changed. It gives no option for SP on the Multiples. It should highlight changed odds horses more clearly, and if Confirm Bet is placed it should give a popup to confirm even if the confirm box is unchecked.

I also tried to place another multiple after the above problem, but it kept telling me Max Stake £0!!! :crazy: I've still not figured out what that is all about :anerikke:

For now I'd stay well clear of Betfairs Fixed Odds and stick with the exchange prices or BSP.

MattR
31st October 2012, 19:19
I'm not sure why they are doing fixed odds. If someone starts winning are they going to ban them (from taking fixed odds) like bookmakers do? Or are they just using it to arb against their exchange prices?

Win2Win
31st October 2012, 20:24
All a bit confusing really :cuck, I'm all for choice in the betting world but it is a little strange why Betfair have done this, as you say, if I want fixed odds the last place I'll look is Betfair!!!