PDA

View Full Version : Remembering An Old Member: Merlin

Win2Win
14th January 2013, 13:39
I was digging through some old stuff on the forum and Merlin cropped up, he's still listed as one of the top forum posters :thumbs

For those that don't remember, or weren't here, Merlin, Alan James Thomas, was a very active member on here and had a warped sense of humour that always amused us. Sadly he suddenly passed away in 2009 :mad: just a over a week after his last post while in Brazil.

Here's to your memory Al.... a guy who loved the odd beer or many :pn

Here's his obituary: http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/5497440

huckabuck
14th January 2013, 21:04
did not no he died keith,sad to here at that age.i miss so much when i work away on new projects. :frown:

Win2Win
15th January 2013, 10:57
He was a good lad, and it was a shock to many on here at the time.

It still makes me jealous thinking of him out in Brazil every day drinking a cold one when he was around :geek

scoobydoo
15th January 2013, 12:11
Did you know him Keith in person? I reckon he posted only a day or so before he died didnt he, was quite a shock at the time. :ermmm

Win2Win
15th January 2013, 19:19
I never met him, but we chatted behind the scenes :wink: .... we never got close ::hump :yikes:

I think he posted only a few days before he passed..... Vegy was never the same again with his 'co-author' moving on :anerikke:

vegyjones
15th January 2013, 21:52
It will be forever an unfinished mastepiece...

He was always nice to speak to and very knowledgable on horseracing as well...

Win2Win
16th January 2013, 11:51
In the 12+ years I've been running forums he's the first member that's ever past away that I'm aware of.

vegyjones
16th January 2013, 21:31
Well, if I go next, you're all invited to my funeral.

And if you don't come, then I won't go to yours! :biggrin:

Win2Win
17th January 2013, 10:33
And if you don't come, then I won't go to yours! :biggrin:

I've put in my will not to attend my own funeral as it'd be depressing for me :rolleyes:

MattR
18th January 2013, 05:10
I remember Merlin, he had some good football threads and I remember him being a funny guy.