PDA

View Full Version : Fizzy drinks tax needed - doctors

Win2Win Racing
18th February 2013, 08:59
Fizzy drinks should be heavily taxed and junk food adverts banished until after the TV watershed, doctors say, in a call for action over obesity.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21478314#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa)

Fizzy drinks tax needed - doctors

Win2Win
18th February 2013, 10:18
So 20% on 2L of Tesco's own lemonade will cost less than £1 ..... that'll help will it? :crazy:

Surely it is up to the parents what they feed them, how many fat kids do we see these days under 10? :geek

tovarich
18th February 2013, 12:18
Too many! And fat people cost the NHS more than smokers, and smokers pay tax on their ciggies!

Win2Win
18th February 2013, 16:35
Fat people should be rounded up and forced into slave labour at McDonalds! :doh

TooTall
18th February 2013, 18:30
dont agree with taxing food and drink no matter what it is. That being said parents with obese kids should have them taken into care. My daughters friend came round to tea the other night she is obese and only 8 years old the minute she came in she wanted food constantly told her tea would be 45 minutes then every 5 minutes until tea was ready she would poke her head round the door to ask how long :headbange:headbange
Then once she had scoffed it down we cleared the table she was still sat there i thought well at least she has manners i said to her she could go and play now but no she always has a big bowl of ice cream after tea :ermmm:ermmm

I really dont think taxing more would affect these types of families would just hit sensible people in the pocket again same with the beer tax ;fire

Dont no why they dont just tax oxygen and have done with it

Win2Win
18th February 2013, 21:53
Kids of 8 and less who are obese should be classed as a crime for the parents, no need for it apart from laziness to constantly give in to the kid :doh1:

TooTall
18th February 2013, 22:13
The wife said they just help thereselfs to food whenever they want when there at home it has to be for the quiet life i think give them food keep the quiet

Win2Win
19th February 2013, 13:32
No wonder some parents lock the kids in the cellar for 20+ years :yikes: .... at least they come out slim :rolleyes: