PDA

View Full Version : Dreamliner catches fire at Heathrow

Win2Win Racing
12th July 2013, 21:29
Flights resume at Heathrow Airport after runways were closed for 90 minutes due to a fire on a parked Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 787 Dreamliner jet.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23294760#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa)

Dreamliner catches fire at Heathrow

Win2Win
13th July 2013, 08:46
Cor blimey guv'nor :ooo

I wouldn't go anywhere near this plane. I just booked flights to the Philippines, and I made sure it was planes with a good safety record... the 777 :omg: .... and the A380 (cracked wings) :omg::omg: .... I wonder how long it take by banana boat :biggrin:

barneymather
20th July 2013, 14:46
I was on a short-haul flight in the UK a few weeks back and despite it being a perfect sunny day the plane was up and down more often than a floozy's drawers shortly after take-off.

I suspect a few passengers wished the pilot hadn't mentioned a moment after the ropey take-off that we'd soon be cruising at 24,000 feet, particularly as we seemed to be struggling to get above 24 feet.

P'rhaps it'd be best to cadge a lift on a slow boat to China and ask the cap'n to make s small detour.
He's bound to oblige if you promise to publicise his fish fingers on the W2W site.

Watch out for those sailors though - I've heard some of them can be a bit fruity and you wouldn't wanna be blown off-course by a salty ol' sea dog who's an expert at the hornpipe. :yikes:

Win2Win
20th July 2013, 17:06
I was on a KLM Bombardier over the North Sea a couple of years back when we took a nose dive, it wasn't till a few minutes later the pilot told us we had suffered a cracked windscreen. I'd never seen so many people go white, no matter what their initial skin colour was :laugh

MattR
21st July 2013, 14:31
I think perhaps that should have come under a 'Need to know' I don't think I'd have needed to know that during the flight!

Win2Win
21st July 2013, 19:07
The best thing was we were only 25 mins from Liverpool. so turned back and returned to Amsterdam 35 mins away :doh

barneymather
21st July 2013, 22:01
You slipped up there, not singing 25 minutes from Scouseland to the tune of 24 hours from Tulsa.

Wonder if any passengers had to purchase new undies on landing in Amsterdam (my favourite city for window shopping) to counter the effects of the nosedive.

Win2Win
22nd July 2013, 14:53
I thought you'd have to pay extra for a nosedive in Amsterdam! :doh