PDA

View Full Version : Flat Race Types?

jackster109
31st March 2014, 20:23
I've been researching and running few systems based on backing the blind fave at certain track. This is based on how the favourite has performed over the last 2 years. I have decided to add a racetype filter to produce better profit and ROI in NH racing. So far, Ive not had fantastic profits but the systems are ticking along.

The racetype filters used are fairly simple: Hurdles, Chase and NHF. I use these as 3 micro systems from one bank.

So the unnamed favourite is backed at any tracks where the favourites have produced a profit in all hurdles races at that track. The same applies to any tracks using just their chase races and then the NHF races.

I have researched the flat, now that the season is upon us. By backing all faves at tracks that produced a profit over the 2 years, it shows a 10% ROI.

I would like to add a further filter like I have for the NH racing. However, there is no simple standout racetype in the flat.

What would people class a racetype in the flat?

Maidens, Claimers/Selllers and all others.

Using distance. Sprints (5f - 7f), Middle (1m - 1m 4f) & Stayers (1m 6f +)

I would be interested to hear other peoples views on this.

Thanks

Win2Win
1st April 2014, 09:43
From experience, I would ignore Favs in NHF, as these have a lower SR. Hurdle non-handicaps have the best SR for favs over jumps.

On the flat, sellers and claimers can be grouped as one, while maidens have the best fav SR. Avoid handicaps, especially nurseries, although these do not appear till July.

Groups races are good for Favs, but the SR lowers as you move to Group 2, and then again to Group 3. Listed races can be a bit of a minefield.

Apprentice and amateur races can also be kind to Favs. :thumbs

jackster109
1st April 2014, 19:32
Thanks for the advice :thumbs