PDA

View Full Version : Royal Ascot Day 1 2014

Win2Win
17th June 2014, 13:36
I've spent so much time over the last 3 days looking after the ill guinea pig, I haven't had much time to look at Royal Ascot. I must remember to never try and breast feed a rodent with sharp teeth again :yikes:

The 2:00 Queen Anne Stakes doesn't look as competitive as previous years. Tornado is likely to have something in hand.

3:05 Coventry Stakes. Now this race is very competitiive, and a horse at any price can win this. Usually I would look for a lay in a race like this, but in this case, if Kool Kompany gets away fast, they I'll do a Back to Lay bet.

Win2Win
17th June 2014, 13:40
3:45 King's Stand Stakes. Although this looks a tough race, it looks like one of the horses under 10/1 will win it. I will be dutching the first 5 to 6 in the betting, just before the off.

4.25 St James's Palace Stakes. This is between Kingman and Night Of Thunder. The latter finished ahead of the former in the English Guineas. The form is likely to be reversed though, after Kingman's easy win in the Irish Guineas.

Win2Win
17th June 2014, 13:46
5:00 Ascot Stakes. Sizzler is likely to go off quickly, and should either lead, or be very close up. The price should come in so another Back To Lay. For those who do not know what that is, you back the horse on Betfair just before the off, and lay it off in the race at a lower price, and green up. If it's done right, you make a profit. As this is a long race, it is probably best to bale out with 1m to 6f to go.

Win2Win
17th June 2014, 13:48
5:35 Windsor Castle Stakes. A wide open race, and I haven't decided what to do in it yet!